Invalid JSON

Invalid JSON

by Dan Trouten -
Number of replies: 6

Not much action over at 'using moodle'. Any users have any ideas about this?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dan Trouten

Re: Invalid JSON

by Frankie Kam -
Picture of Plugin developers

HI Dan!

The action's thick and fast over at the Contributed modules and plugins forum. http://moodle.org/mod/forum/view.php?f=27

Frankie wink

In reply to Frankie Kam

by Dan Trouten -

Thanks Frankie! I posted it over there a few hours ago...no action!!!

What is error anyway? He're a better one. I uploaded a flash back in April as a test. I can mount it fine in another page but I can't get any others to load! They were all made at the same time with the same settings!!!

In reply to Dan Trouten

by Frankie Kam -

Hi Dan.
You could try searching Moodle.org. 

In reply to Frankie Kam

by Dan Trouten -

I've done that...for 2 days. I've found everything except what I need. Did I do something to tick people off or something? I have Moodle for Dummies and it's not helping. I've been through hours of Moodle docs. I've been searching and googling for about 10 hours now and there just doesn't seem to be an answer. I can't even find in the moodle docs how to install the JWPlayer Java Script line by accessing the head of the site.

Exactly where does one bring up the script to edit the code in this thing?

In reply to Dan Trouten

by Frankie Kam -

I admire your resolve and determination to solve the nagging problem.
Maybe you can try a bing search.

Well, it's the weekend and perhaps the Moodle boffins are all packed out at the local pub quaffing down a pint or two. Perhaps a post on JWPlayer's forum somewhere might help?

In reply to Frankie Kam

by Dan Trouten -

Thanks! If I link the file from a new root level folder the video plays just fine in the Moodle player! However, if I try to use file picker...I get errors. The problem comes in that I want the files hidden so people don't swipe them!

I have posted at the JW forum. Most of what I saw when going through the docs was that Moodle is a bit different. I actually use JW Player when I make a site in Joomla! Nice module. Just install and it works! What a concept!!! Code is SO over-rated.... wide eyes

I'm going to install 2.1 to see if that helps. The problem there (yep...I posted it over in Using Moodle) is that I'm running a dual PHP (5.2 and 5.3) environment because of certain sites. I have the code for the .htaccess file. However, Moodle doesn't make those files until after it installs and it won't install until it sees the 5.3. My guess would be a code change in the install.php file but my code knowledge is mostly postscript (too many years in printing). Any ideas?

Thanks!