"External" emails not recieving forum mail

"External" emails not recieving forum mail

by Adam Barnhart -
Number of replies: 6
It recently came to my attention that our forums are not sending notifications to external email addresses.  Eg:

joebob@iliff.edu - Recieves emails from the forum

joebob@aol.com; hotmail.com; yahoo.com; etc - Does not recieve emails from the forum

Is this a problem with my php.ini?  Am I not addressing the correct SMTP address?  These are my only guesses.

Thanks!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Adam Barnhart

Re: "External" emails not recieving forum mail

by Dan Balzer -
I am also having the same problem with my Moodle course.  No email notifications are being received from the forums.  I'd appreciate any insight.

Dan
In reply to Dan Balzer

by Gavin Allinson -

http://www.mysite.com/admin/cron.php

try putting this into the browser with mysite being your site address

In reply to Gavin Allinson

by Matt Molloy -

I'm having the same problem. Your suggestion will work, but I cannot get the cron to do it automatically. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the cron several times. Occasionally, it will send mails automatically, but I mostly have to do it the way you suggested.

Matt

In reply to Matt Molloy

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
If you have a Cpanel server with an MX-record pointing to another server then localhost, it's one of the not-so-wellknown-bugs of Cpanel. I'll look it up again if that's the case.
In reply to koen roggemans

by Dan Balzer -
Yes, I am using a Cpanel server.  Do you have anymore information on how to correct this bug?

Dan