Google Apps integration: Here's a question and a half!

Google Apps integration: Here's a question and a half!

by Andrea Gregory (Gordon) -
Number of replies: 2

Hi Everyone smile

I've been fishing around for answers to the hazy subject of Google Moodle 2.2 Integration and I think I've found the answer is no sad ...but I thought I'd check to see if anyone else has got the below working....

This is the scenario...

- Users in Moodle with Google Accounts (this is fine and works)

Problem:

- Users in Google with no Moodle Accounts (they can't access google without being redirected to Moodle).

If I remove the redirect links within the GApps integration then I can't have SSO enabled meaning the users who were working fine before within Moodle and accessing ok then need to log into Google as well if they want to access Mail, Docs etc..

So is the answer that I can only have one or the other... or is there some way that this is possible?? We just don't want Google redirecting to Moodle when some users will only be accessing Google.

Any ideas much appreciated! smile

Thanks - Andrea

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andrea Gregory (Gordon)

Re: Google Apps integration: Here's a question and a half!

by Rob Johnson -

We use Moodle with GApps in a K-12 school district.  We require all users to access Google by logging in through Moodle even if the user does not use Moodle for anything else.  This is because of Moodle's logging.  A log in record is generated that we do not get if the user logs directly into Google.  We have had issues with inappropriate email usage where the student's parents would not believe their child was guilty until the activity log was presented.  The log gives us an IP address that is often very consistent when a student logs in from home.  If the user logs directly into Google, we would need to contact their support to get any records.

Rob