I am using 2.1.3 and am trying to embed mp3 audio clips into some of the page resources that I have created. When I choose the Moodle Media icon and upload an audio file, the preview comes up fine. When I save the page and view it as a student (actually logging in as my student account) the audio clip appears as an html link not the flowplayer that should appear. If I click on the link it opens into a full page flowplayer and plays the audio. I would like to have the mini player instead of the html link.
I have ensured that the multimedia plugins are enabled under Site Admin > Plugins > Filter > Multimedia Plugins. I have made sure the mp3's are the correct bit rate and such. I just can't seem to get it to work. This is happening in Firefox, IE, Chrome, and any other browser I have tried.
Any ideas on what is happening and how I can get the flowplayer to appear correctly.
This is not good news, I am afraid, sorry.
I am not sure what the issue might be, but I have found that there are many different mp3 codecs and some mp3s will play and some will not. Some work well some need a missing browser plugin to work. This does not bode well for audio content - which may also mean that you need to install something like a generic codec pack or similar, but this will not guarantee your user willl have it installed so they may not hear it either. If you get a solution to this, let us know... cheers...
I found the answer after about 6 hours of trying different server settings, different codecs, different sample rates, and different bit rates all to no avail.
Since a picture is worth a thousand words I offer up two to tell the whole story and perhaps save someone else countless hours. Both pictures reference Site Administration > Plugins > Filters > Manage filters.
The first image is my before image, note the location of the two highlighted filters. Both are on because I need them on.
Now, look at the second image and note the location of the highlighted filters. It appears that order of operations is in play here. Goes to show that sometimes we humans way overthink the problems that we have and by simply switching places we can solve a lot.
Yes - order of filters can be essential...
In http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-30624 the problem was obviously caused by HTML tidy filter that is in your left image before multimedia plugins filter and in the right image after multimedia plugins filter so it's hard to say if this issue is caused by Convert URLs into links and images filter or HTML tidy filter before multimedia plugins filter... or both...