videos in folders are not playing embed in moodle window

videos in folders are not playing embed in moodle window

by Shashank Sharma -
Number of replies: 5

hello everyone..... smile 
i m facing a problm dat is...i hv made courses in categories...in each course i have made some folders.in those folders i'm uploading data..
folders are as 1.vedio content 2. docs 3. ppt n so on..
now my problem is if i upload a file by clicking on ''add a resource'' button in a course..den i'm able to play dat video embed in moodle window..bt if i upload video in a perticuler folder of a course...den it downloads it...gv me a apprpriate soln...im stuck ..
thanks..

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shashank Sharma

Re: videos in folders are not playing embed in moodle window

by S. kavita -
Picture of Testers

Hello Shashank 

Why you use folder resource if file is working properly in file resource.

I suggest you to use file resource and if you want to put it in any folder then create folder inside file resource and move the files into that folder. And then in display option select open/embed/pop-up, etc.

I am attaching a screenshot of it.

Happy Moodlingsmile 

Attachment File-folder1.png
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to S. kavita

by Shashank Sharma -

hii..i chose file resource and den created a folder ..as u told.. but now wen i cm to play dat file ...first ..it dsnt show how many files are der in d folder...n second it plays only main file of that folder...i think im very close to it bt smwr in site administration i hv to change any setting..pls tel me...
thanks..
smile 

In reply to Shashank Sharma

by S. kavita -
Picture of Testers

Hello Shashank

I don't have much knowledge about coding but i think in the folder resource when you click on the files it get downloaded, so change the URL option to open in view.php file which you will find in mod>folder>view.php

Hope this will help yousmile

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to S. kavita

by romharshan singh -

How We will play video on any event in moodle