Front page blocks are invisible in Internet Explorer

Front page blocks are invisible in Internet Explorer

by Dermot Mc Laughlin -
Number of replies: 4

Hi Everyone,

The blocks are completely invisible on my schools front page for Internet Explorer users... the Site News & Calendar is similarly invisible for those users.

www.greendown.swindon.sch.uk

The page loads fine on any other browser I have tested but despite a moodle/apache/php upgrade I cannot get it to work on Internet Explorer. I have combed the code to spot any errors but failed to see any.

I don't believe it is a settings issue... I have been all through them.... but I could have overlooked something I suppose. The site is 100% fine in any browser expect IE (whatever version).

As a school, Firefox is our supported browser, but parents and other interested parties are getting frustrated at the loss of these menus.

Any ideas would be gratefully recieved.

Thank you,

Dermot

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dermot Mc Laughlin

Re: Front page blocks are invisible in Internet Explorer

by Dermot Mc Laughlin -

After lots more testing, I have found that the standard (legacy) theme makes most of the missing menu blocks reappear... but this theme looks so old... the calendar is still missing though... does that give anyone insight into what the issue could be?

by Dermot Mc Laughlin -

Problem found! Someone had copied and pasted some text from MSWord directly into a rich text box and it had the effect of killing everything that was rendered after it.

Took out the garbage MSWord created and now the site is 100% fine again.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Oh that dreadful copy and pasting from MS Word! Killed many a Moodle site-or at least rendered them seriously ill. I have rated your post useful so it serves as a reminder to others NOT to do thissmile

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Khyam Shahzad -

In my case it was "News Item" on front page. It was working fine with 1.9.x but after up grading to 2.2 there were no block in left right columns. Dock was working fine to show blocks but in pre and post content section there were not visible. Spent hours to find the solution sad