Moodle 1.9 Database API Documentation

Moodle 1.9 Database API Documentation

by Jeffrey Parrish -
Number of replies: 4

I am trying desparatelly to find documentation on the database functions for moodle 1.9, and I am coming up empty, I am about ready to go dig in the code because I simply cannot find it - all roads lead to the 2.0 documentation on the wiki. 

Please help!  where is the documentation!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeffrey Parrish

Re: Moodle 1.9 Database API Documentation

by Frank Ralf -
You will find the old Database FAQ for Moodle 1.9 at http://docs.moodle.org/19/en/Database_FAQ (which I compiled some time ago). I haven't checked whether all the links are still valid (I fear not).

Unfortunately, the new cloning concept for Moodle Docs (where each version gets its own wiki) - which IMHO is already bad enough - doesn't extend to the Developer Documentation where you will only find information on the most current version of Moodle.

There are several threads in the Moodle Docs forum relating to that topic. The most recent one is "Performance docs in a mess". Please comment there if you want to change this pity state of Moodle Docs.

Cheers,
Frank

In reply to Jeffrey Parrish

Re: Moodle 1.9 Database API Documentation

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The best documentation is the PHPdocs, so look in lib/dmllib.php (assuming you don't want to run PHPdoc to compile them into HTML)