Adding URL resource in 2.2 does not allow Navigation in Same Window with or w/o Frame

Adding URL resource in 2.2 does not allow Navigation in Same Window with or w/o Frame

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 2

In 1.9 I used to insert a URL to a video using Insert Resource, Link to a File or Website, giving me this page.

This allowed me to set Window Navigation to Same Window, Show Navigation, With Frame or Without Frame.

I found this good for users, to have the Screencast.com video showing within my Moodle.

---------

With 2.2, I add the video using Add Resource, Add URL.  I don't have the same options, just Auto, Embed, Open, Pop-up, as below.

So, if I just use Automatic, I get a Screencast.com page, and no way back, except the Back button.  If the user doesn't know about this, they may close the window.

So I am thinking Pop-ups.  But that of course 'breaks the back button'.  Choose your poison..!

So, is there any simple way in 2.2 to have it within a frame as per 1.9 please?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Deleted user

Re: Adding URL resource in 2.2 does not allow Navigation in Same Window with or w/o Frame

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi there. Look in the docs for URL and the site admin settings http://docs.moodle.org/20/en/URL_module_settings#Site_administration_settings

You can change the display options.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Adding URL resource in 2.2 does not allow Navigation in Same Window with or w/o Frame

by Deleted user -

Thanks a million Mary - I should have figured that myself - it works really well.  

Esp with the breadcrumbs, it will make for a much happier user I think.

Thanks again smile