Can I Imbed Message LInk

Can I Imbed Message LInk

by Judy Harchar -
Number of replies: 4

Hello, is there a way to imbed a link within a dicussion module? I'd like to have users click on "Message Professor", within a forum if they had any questions. Is there a way to hyperlink it instead of directing them to the "Message" block?

Thank you!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Judy Harchar

Re: Can I Imbed Message LInk

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Yes there is. Which version of Moodle are you using ? If you click on the link they would click on in the messaging block and then copy its URL you can then go to the text editor in the summary of the forum and type in something like Message professor and then select it, click the chain (hyperlink icon) in the toolbar and then paste in the URL you copied.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Judy Harchar

by Gary Schultz -

G'day Judy -  you could insert a WebLink into the forum information text - "General" section in the set up area.  Insert the link to your message board - students could click on it (new window) and then type you a message.  You have to get your Send a Message link though - perhaps someone else can email that to you as I don't know how to get it logged in as yourself (or log in as another user and click on your envelope in the Message Block - this will give you your message URL.  

OR  you could make this link in an actual forum Post?   

or     Create a Forum Post yourself called "Message Professor" and they could post direct to that forum? everyone might get the questions and answers however.  

I hope that helps.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gary Schultz

by Judy Harchar -

Thank you! Adding the messaging URL link to "Message Professor" worked quite easily-once I got the correct URL! I didn't figure out how to access my own message link, so I had to log in as a different user and copied it. 

We are currently using ver 1.9..

Thank you very much! Judy

In reply to Judy Harchar

by David Veal -

I had a similar problem

I inserted the link using 'Add a resource' URL. I don't know if this is the most elegant way.

The code to insert is of this form

http://address_of_your_moodle/moodle/message/index.php?id=id_number

The simplest way of finding the id_number is to go to Browse list of users. If you place your mouse over the name, the id appears in the bottom left of the window.

Hope this is useful

David