Moodle 1.9 to Moodle 2.2 "payload not encrypted"

Moodle 1.9 to Moodle 2.2 "payload not encrypted"

by Mary Cooch -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I am attempting to connect a Moodle 1.9 to a Moodle 2.2 on two different servers - everything looked fine until I tried to go from the 1.9 to the 2 and I got the message "payload not encrypted" I've searched for this but I don't really understand any of the references - is there anything I can do myself to rectify this or do I need to contact the hosts of the Moodles. Is the problem with the 1.9 or the 2.2? Thanks

(I assume you can connect 1.9 to 2.2 - I  never bother reading any documentation until I get stuckbig grin)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Moodle 1.9 to Moodle 2.2 "payload not encrypted"

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
That error message is displayed when one of the MNet peer servers sends a request to the other and the returned response does not seem to be encrypted. It's pretty tricky to debug (as any other problem in MNet ...). The first thing to look at is the admin page that checks the server environment (PHP extensions, versions etc). Make sure that both server report all green, no missing SSL or XML extensions etc.