URL links not going straight to URL

URL links not going straight to URL

by Dave Perry -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Testers

I'm trying to get some URLs added to a page that when you click them take you straight to the page. This soddin "please click here to go your page" page that loads first is getting on our nerves, and I haven't managed to turn it off in the Admin > Page settings. What am I missing? Courses migrated from our 1.9 installation work as they should - click a link, you get taken to it (in the chosen popup, same window method etc).

We have enough issues with perceptions of moodle this year thanks to network problems (the server has been replaced, and it made basically no difference to the sticky end user experience), without an extra click being in the way!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dave Perry

Re: URL links not going straight to URL

by sam marshall -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

1) You need to set the 'Display type' to 'Open'. This should fix most of your problems.

2) Even when you've done this, the intermediate page will STILL appear if you access the link in certain other ways such as in the navigation block or by ctrl-clicking to open in a new tab. It is still 'sodding annoying' smile

Please vote early, vote often, for MDL-31015 which I have coded a patch so that it works. ;) You still have to set the display type to Open, but once you've done so, after that fix is applied, it always goes directly to the link wherever you click it from.

--sam

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to sam marshall

Re: URL links not going straight to URL

by Dave Perry -
Picture of Testers

Brilliant work, thanks smile

Might be a while before our admin applies any updates though, the 1.9>2.1 experience left him promising not to do any upgrades for a long time.