Not to display Course Description on the front page, Moodle 2.0.x

Not to display Course Description on the front page, Moodle 2.0.x

av Steven Addepalli -
Antall svar: 12

Hi all, 

Im working on Moodle 2.0.x, on the front page as soon as the user logs in it displays Courses with Teacher and Description 

I would like to display only the list of courses and hide teacher & description. This is for all the users, including admin.

Thanks and Regards

Immanuel Steven

Gjennomsnittlig vurdering: -
Som svar til Steven Addepalli

Re: Not to display Course Description on the front page, Moodle 2.0.x

av John St -

You could try adding something like the below to the core.css file (remember to clear the theme cache after making changes):

#page-site-index .coursebox .summary, #page-site-index .coursebox .teachers {
display: none;
}

#page-site-index .coursebox .name {
margin: 0 0 15px;
}

Som svar til John St

av Steven Addepalli -

hi John,

That works great. Thanks for your quick reply. It displays only the list of courses. When the user clicks on a course it does not show description. 

Is it possible to show description when the user clicks on aa course.

Thanks and Regards,

Immanuel Steven

av John St -

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean, on the frontpage, you want the user to be able to click on the course to show the description? 

Or, do you mean, you want to show the course description once the user is inside the course? 

I think there is a course description block you could use inside the course to show the description. 

Som svar til John St

av Mary Cooch -
Bilde av Documentation writers Bilde av Moodle HQ Bilde av Particularly helpful Moodlers Bilde av Testers Bilde av Translators

By the way - you don't need to change the code to hide the teachers - you can do this via Settings>Site administration>Appearance>Course contacts and uncheck Teacher.

Gjennomsnittlig vurdering:Useful (1)
Som svar til Mary Cooch

av Steven Addepalli -

Thank you Mary.

Hi John, I want to show the course description once the user is inside the course.

av Steven Addepalli -

I want to show the course description once the user is inside the course.

Somebody please help me.

Thanks and Regards,

Immanuel Steven

av Carlos Sánchez Martín -

Hello Immanuel,

I don't know if this helps, but the description of the course described here is the "Course summary" which is displayed in the list of courses. you could leave that section blank (or say: available after enrollment), and add the description as a tag in the course itself, which will only be available to users that have access to the course.

If what you are looking is to display that section only if a user is enrolled in the course, that has to do with role permissions, and I am not sure you can modify that one within the current settings.

Carlos 

Som svar til Mary Cooch

av Leo Gregorc -

Mary,

I dont seem to have this string available. All that is given to me is Themes, calendar, blog, navigation.....etc...

More help please.  I am not sure how to change the code in moodle, so always looking for other ways to achieve these outcomes.

in thanks

leo

av Mauro Mazzerioli -

hi, i have hidden the summary changing a line of the public function get_course_formatted_summary in the course/renderer.php file.

change this line: 

return $summary;

to

return '';

then I have used CSS to hide the teachers:

.coursebox .content .teachers {
    display: none;
}
Som svar til Mauro Mazzerioli

Help

av Anto James -

How to hide course summary, Please help me