Moodle documentation: A plan for the documentation

Re: Moodle documentation: A plan for the documentation

by Earle Webster -
Number of replies: 0

Sorry, Przemyslaw got a bit confused and jumped into the thread. I take the point about local help/information before contacting Moodle HQ.

Silly, but I was only thinking of system administrators using the help/request pages, I assumed that there would be a 'local' method for dealing with user requests, but as we all know it is dangerous to assume anything! wink

This may not be a good example, but when I worked on real-time ticketing systems it was hard for the operators to understand that they needed to collect data from the customers now because in one years time we could start using it to track and trace purchasing habits, population density data etc. and they would not need to retype the data next time that customer booked a ticket. For them it was easier for them to hit <ret> and enter blank fields which is exactly what they did.

I thought the same way about this, if there was some sort of framework that could be set-up now for data collection, that might start proving useful six months or a year down the road, and if Moodle carries on growing as we all hope it will, then some of this information may actually help prevent heavy loads on future support and documentation issues.

Very easy to suggest, but not so easy to implement!

Earle