Installed version 2.2.1 for Windows on Windows 2003 Server. Initially, installation went well. Went through the setup and got to the courses screen. However, something happened and now when I go to localhost, I get this message: "The site is not available currently". Please help... Thanks in advance.
Windows server: Site is not available after installation and setup
You must have done this... http://docs.moodle.org/22/en/IP_blocker
You will need to access Moodle from a permitted machine to fix it. Alternatively, you are looking at editing the mdl_config table in the database directly.
WOW! I didn't even think about that but I DO remember setting that. How do I edit that table directly? Or should I just try to re-install? It's a totally new install so no data has been created.
$CFG->allowedip = '';
$CFG->blockedip = '';
Anywhere before the final 'require' line will do.
I've never tried this, but it should help
Thank you so much I thought I lost it.
Just a little more info for us less able...
I had to enter an IP address and I left out $CFG->blockedip = ' ';
I originaly entered both lines as you suggested and nothing
then after hours of frustration I tried entering an ip address still blocked
so this is what I did
$CFG->allowedip = '192.168.1.0/24'; //I used the "/24" to get the full address range since I use a dhcp and not static IPs except my server.
I'm not too familiar with those allowedip and blockedip settings, but isn't it better to do all that IP blocking stuff on your firewall instead of in Moodle?
I am assuming that you are talking about the error you get when going to the link that you listed "Fatal error: $CFG->dataroot is not configured properly, directory does not exist or is not accessible! Exiting."
This error means that the data directory for Moodle either does not exist or Moodle does not have permissions to access that directory. You need to make sure that this directory is accessible to Moodle. You can go here for more information http://docs.moodle.org/24/en/Installing_Moodle#Create_the_.28moodledata.29_data_directory I give you this link because I do not know what version of Moodle you are using or what webserver you are using.
You may also want to consider starting a new thread with some details about your setup and the errors that you are encountering. This will allow other community members to help you as well.