Backup-Restore front page activity

Backup-Restore front page activity

by A. A. -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

in my Moodle 2.2 installation, in the front page topic section I have done a backup of a forum activity.

Later on, when I want to restore it, the restore process asks me which course I want to restore it to and it shows me a list of courses of the site. There is no option to say that I want to restore it to the front page.

I am stuck here and don't know how to restore that specific activity in its original topic section in the front page.

Thanks for any help

Average of ratings: -
In reply to A. A.

Re: Backup-Restore front page activity

by Heather P -

If you want to restore to the front page you have to chose the Front page restore option in site settings I think rather than just a standard course restore.

In reply to Heather P

by Stuart Mealor -

I have also looked into this.

Settings > Front page settings > Restore   ...this asks you which Destination course you want to Restore into.

This is flawed because:
a) When choosing the Front page Restore option the only choice should be the Front Page (!)
however, if we accept this,
b) There is no way to select the Course to Restore into because the Front Page does not have a name that can be searched for

Anyone else confirm that this feature is therefore not working ?

In reply to Stuart Mealor

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

mmm Has anyone considered making this a Moodle Tracker item?  

In reply to Colin Fraser

by Stuart Mealor -

I haven't done this yet, because I thought it was good to hear other comments first...

I seem to think that this did work OK in the early release of Moodle 2.0, but seems to have stopped working in 2.1 and/or 2.2.  However, I could be wrong, and just remembering 1.9 working.

I also wondered if it's only affecting some installations - e.g. ours is Ubuntu, Apache, and MySQL.