Moodle Theme in the HTML editor (Moodle 1.9)

Moodle Theme in the HTML editor (Moodle 1.9)

by Nathan Patro -
Number of replies: 0

Gidday guys, we're getting queries in relation to theme colours not being active within the html editor, so what they see is not necessarily what they get. Effectively if they leave the colours alone altogether they are "changed" to the theme colouring scheme "after" the HTML block is saved. But when edited again show up as "black" text again.

From the little I've been able to find on the subject I'm guessing this is "as per design", that the html editor is not passed any theme information when called, and that if no colouring info is hardset within the editor the block will then adopt the theme colouring (but this is not saved to the block so upon editing it will again show up as the default colour rather than theme colour), but if hardset within the html block, this then over-rides the theme settings. And from what I can find there is no way to alter this behaviour short of modifying core Moodle code?

Just wanted to confirm if my guesstimation is correct, or wether I've got it all totally wrong? Kind of hoping I am totally wrong and that there's an easy way to get the editor to reflect the theme settings! smile

Average of ratings: -