Urgent Help combined feedback

Urgent Help combined feedback

by Salim Al Waili -
Number of replies: 2

Hi All,

What is the use of comined feedback in each question in Moodle 2 quiz?

Then also, what do you mean by the two options under hints:

(1) Clear incorrect responses

and (2) Show the number of correct responses.

Please help as I have a workshop tomorrow on this.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Salim Al Waili

Re: Urgent Help combined feedback

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I assume this is a matching, or possibly a mulitple choice question.

At the moment, hints are only used by the interactive behaviour, so to work out what is going on, create a Matching questions, something like

Match the upper and lowercase letters:

A -> a

B -> b

C -> c

Put in two hints, for example with text Hint 1 and Hint 2. Set whatever checkbox options you like for now - you will probably want to try different settings and see what happens. Also put in some Combined feedback.

Then, preview that newly created question, using the preview icon in the question bank. Make sure the preview is set to use Interactive mode.

Get the question wrong (or partially correct), and click 'Check'. You should see the appropriate combined feedback and the first hint. If you have turned on that option, it should tell you how many of your responses are right.

Now click Try again. If you turned on that option, then it should clear any responses that were wrong, so you know which ones you are now trying to get right.

I hope that makes sense. It might make sense to use the hints in adaptive behaviour too, but this has not been implemented yet.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)