Individual payment reminder notification being sent to all authenticated users.

Individual payment reminder notification being sent to all authenticated users.

by Thaddeus Herman -
Number of replies: 0

Hello fellow moodlers, following is a description of a most perplexing problem which most likely has a simple, yet still hidden, solution.

I am using moodle version: Moodle 1.9.10 (Build: 20101025)

I have set up a Metacourse with two children courses as I wanted to allow for two different amounts to be paid. We are enrolling both Indian students as well as foreign students into our course. I have created two course payment options on the front page, one which links to the childrens course and is paid in U.S. Dollars, the other which links to the other childrens course and is paid in Indian Rupees. In testing out the system, with my test student account I ordered both courses. I received the payment notification just fine for both, here comes the issue: as far as I can tell, so did every other authenticated user registered on our site!

How do I know this? All of my coworkers have received a copy of the payment notification, they are all authenticated users. I also received an email from a friend in the states (I am in India) who is registered on our site who also got a copy of my payment notification.

So here comes the question: What setting do I need to turn off in order for this to not happen when every user we have orders their course. I went into permissions and noticed that they were turned on for "receiving new order notification" and "receive invoice copy". I turned them off and then test ordered another course. My coworkers still received a copy of my payment notification. I have also searched forums and google rather thorougly for a solution to this problem but have yet to find any reference to it. I would appreciate any help which can be offered.

Thanks in Advance

~T

Average of ratings: -