One Topic Course: Section 0 Text not displaying correctly

One Topic Course: Section 0 Text not displaying correctly

by Craig Mackey -
Number of replies: 5

I have installed the one topic course format and am having some issues with some of the text not displaying. It looks like some of the text from the section summary and one of the labels is printed to the screen in a white font - hence is invisible. The result is independent of browser (IE9 or FF9).

I am using Moodle 2.1.3 with the Krystle2 theme.

The text appears to display correctly in other themes (Standard, Decaf, Ardvark Postit) so I'm not sure if this is a course format or theme issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Craig.

Text missing:
Text not showing

Highlighting on screen indicates text is present:
highlighted text

Text displaying correctly in standard theme:
text displaying ok

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Craig Mackey

Re: One Topic Course: Section 0 Text not displaying correctly

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Craig,

I suggest that you use FireBug in Firefox to investigate what CSS selector is causing the issue and where it is defined.

Cheers,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Craig Mackey -

Thanks Gareth,

I installed firebug, watched a couple of youtube tutorial videos and seem to have isolated the problem to the style of the bulleted list.

Using the WYSWIG editor, if I have the text styled on any other format (heading1,2,3 etc, paragraph ...) I can work around the issue.

Unfortunately I am in need of more advice to track down the correct stylesheet file to correct. This is my first effort with firebug, as well as being very inexperienced with css I am stuck at this point.

Firebug seems to point to some files that I can't find (or my interpretation is astray). See images below. I can't find these style sheets anywhere e.g. base-min.css, same with the styles.php it seems to refer to a line that's not there.

My problem is only with the OneTopic course format, (Krystle2 theme in moodle 2.1.3) with text in the Topic/Section 0 area and seems to be restricted to the bulleted list items.

Further assistance is required please - I am stuck at this point.

Thanks again,
Craig.

Text not showing but highlighted on screen
list not showing

Firebug's html view showing the list text

html view

Firebug's Style pane
style

Confusing file path information

path1

path2

path3

In reply to Craig Mackey

by Craig Mackey -

Problem solved,

Eventually I tracked the problem down to the krystle2_styles.css file.

In the Misc course page styling section, Line 329-330 is:

background-color: #000066;
   color: #fff; which should be white text over dark blue background.

As you can see above it was white on white for some reason - but only for the bulleted lists.

After changing the color to black
   color:#000; the page displayed correctly.

k2cssmods

I'm not sure if it adversely effects anything else but it seems to have sorted out my issue. I have exactly the same content displayed in a number of different course formats and they seem to be ok at this stage.

Thanks to all for your advice and assistance.

Craig.

In reply to Craig Mackey

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Craig,

The css IS wrong for that particular setting.

Needs changing to...

.path-course-view .weeks .current,
.path-course-view .topics .current {
    color: #000;
}

.path-course-view .current td.side {
    background-color: #006;
    color: #fff;
}

If not let me know!

In reply to Mary Evans

by Craig Mackey -

Hi Mary,

I made the changes above to krystle2_styles.css and all the lists are displaying correctly now.

Thanks again,

Craig.