Uploading and setting hotpot files

Uploading and setting hotpot files

by Rosaluz Ducoing -
Number of replies: 4

Hello, I am trying to setup a little over 100 hotpot exercises, in moodle 2.1.1, with hotpot module; I have tried to upload it with a zip file, but it's size is over 20 Mb, so now I want to try by ftp, I have created a repository, uploaded the zip file via ftp, and configured the repository in my course; Now I don't know how to continue, that is, how to access the files I need to create the hotpot activities?

Hope I'm being clear, I need to setup these exercises in several lessons across my course, and with my current version, can't  use quizport.

thanks, and regards

Rosaluz

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rosaluz Ducoing

Re: Uploading and setting hotpot files

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

> I have created a repository

Good, so now when you are adding/editing a Moodle HotPot activity, and you click the "add" button (for the "Source file"), you should see the repository listed there. You can now navigate to the repository and choose the file you want.

Does that work?
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Rosaluz Ducoing -

Thanks Gordon,

It does work, the problem is that I uploaded a zip file that is over 20Mb, and now I would need to unzip it, but I can't do it via de HotPot activity, I was hoping to see it in the file or directory but I don't. Maybe what I want to do is not possible, and I have to upload files individually.

cheers,

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Rosaluz Ducoing -

Hello Gordon, I have a problem I really need your help with, after creating the repository via ftp, and the configuring it in moddle, I cannot access my site any more, I get the following error:

Warning: realpath() [function.realpath]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/vhosts/soto-mayor.com/subdomains/clasesvirtuales/moodledata) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/soto-mayor.com/subdomains/clasesvirtuales/httpdocs:/tmp) in /var/www/vhosts/soto-mayor.com/subdomains/clasesvirtuales/httpdocs/lib/setup.php on line 67 Fatal error: $CFG->dataroot is not configured properly, directory does not exist or is not accessible! Exiting.

I'm completely lost and have no idea how to get my site up and running again.

thanks for your help,

Rosaluz

In reply to Rosaluz Ducoing

by Rosaluz Ducoing -

Please disregard my last message, the error had nothing to do with the repository I created, the administrator had done some changes in the server that affected moodle config file, it is now solved.

Sorry for the confusion.

regards

Average of ratings: Useful (1)