Feedback module-responses for individual students not showing

Feedback module-responses for individual students not showing

by Lucien Taylor -
Number of replies: 8

Although I've set a feedback module to log users' names and show responses' I can't see the individual responses of a student. it reports 'nothing to display'! I can only see the overall class analysis!!

We're using version 2 for 2500 users

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lucien Taylor

Re: Feedback module-responses for individual students not showing

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

Hi Lucien,

where is the feedback located, in a course or at the frontpage?
What moodle version do you use?
Did you try this with activated debugging?

Andreas

In reply to Andreas Grabs

by Lucien Taylor -

Hi Andreas

Thanks for your response.

The feedback is in a Moodle course and we're using the latest version of Moodle (2.1)

I'm not sure about 'activated debugging'! How do I do this? Is this something for a site administrator or can a lecturer do this? Or is this part of the design of the feedback?

Regards

Lucien

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

Hi Lucien,

If you do not have admin rights on your moodle installation you have to ask your admin.
I need the correct version of your moodle including the build-nr.

The debug mode can be turned on in the Menü "Site administration" -> "Development" -> "Debugging".

Best regards
Andreas

by Lucien Taylor -

Thanks for this Andreas

Below are the current sttings. Which of the following do we turn on? Will this then show the responses to my feedback?

Cheers

Lucien

Debugging

Debug messagesdebug
NONE: Do not show any errors or warningsMINIMAL: Show only fatal errorsNORMAL: Show errors, warnings and noticesALL: Show all reasonable PHP debug messagesDEVELOPER: extra Moodle debug messages for developers
Default: NONE: Do not show any errors or warnings

If you turn this on, then PHP's error_reporting will be increased so that more warnings are printed. This is only useful for developers.

Display debug messagesdebugdisplay
Default: No

Set to on, the error reporting will go to the HTML page. This is practical, but breaks XHTML, JS, cookies and HTTP headers in general. Set to off, it will send the output to your server logs, allowing better debugging. The PHP setting error_log controls which log this goes to.

XML strict headersxmlstrictheaders

Set to on, each page will be generated using XML http headers and prolog, so browsers will show XHTML errors inline. This is only useful for developers.

Debug email sendingdebugsmtp

Enable verbose debug information during sending of email messages to SMTP server.

Performance infoperfdebug

If you turn this on, performance info will be printed in the footer of the standard theme

Show origin of languages stringsdebugstringids

This option is designed to help translators. It shows the language file and string id beside each string that is output. (Changing this setting will only take effect on the next page load.)

Show validator linksdebugvalidators

Enable if you want to have links to external validator servers in page footer. You may need to create new user with usernamew3cvalidator, and enable guest access. These changes may allow unauthorized access to server, do not enable on production sites!

Show page informationdebugpageinfo

Enable if you want page information printed in page footer.

by Andreas Grabs -

Hi Lucien,

this are not your current settings but only the labels of your settings.
Turn "Debug message" to "All" and "Display debug messages" to "Yes".

This will not show your responses. This prints more informations about things what goes wrong.

If you have set this setting and saved too then you have to try to show the wanted responses. If there are shown some errors, let me know about it.

Please also check:
Did you switch the feedback-setting "Record user names" from "Anonymous" to "User's name will be logged" after your students did submit answers?
Try an excel-export and have a look at the second worksheet. Are there responses?

Best regards
Andreas

by Janet Spagnol -

I am having the same issue in Moodle 2.0. 

I do have log user names enabled and on the show responses page it says "anonymous users nothing to display".  The interesting thing is in the excel export there are two pages:

The first has the questions and the response and no user associated.

The second called "details" has the users and the questions assoicated the way you would expect.

However, it would be great to see the users and thier responses properly on the show responses page.

Let me know if anyone has any suggestions

In reply to Janet Spagnol

by Andreas Grabs -

Hi Janet,

can you tell me what the build.nr your moodle is?
Can you sent me an example excel-file

Best regards
Andreas

by Radhey Kulkarni -

Hi Andreas,

I have customized feedback so that at show resposes tab it will give me an option to get excel report of individual candidate. but i am not getting the response that candidate has given instead i am getting all responses same as we get after Export to Excel in analysis tab.

Can you please tell me how to get response of individual candidate ??

well i am using moodle 2.3 dev. I have attached excel report. please tell me what i am missing..

Thanks in advance