course expiry notifications

course expiry notifications

by John Samuel -
Number of replies: 4

Greetings Everyone,

we are using moodle 1.9, i am wondering if there is a way to send more than 1 notification before course unenrollment date.

Right now moodle 1.9 sends ony one course expiry notification

any help will be very appreciated

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Samuel

Re: course expiry notifications

by Nathaniel Latoni -

I'm also interested to know if anyone has been able to achieve this in either 1.9 or 2.0. If no one has accomplished this but has an idea of what changes would need to be made to add this functionality to core, that would be helpful too.

In reply to Nathaniel Latoni

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Nathaniel,

In Moodle 1.9 you can enable enrolment expiry notification via the course settings page.

Unfortunately the functionality is no longer available in Moodle 2. You may wish to watch, comment or vote for the tracker issue about it - MDL-28980.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Alejandro Cemylto -

Hi Helen,

I have been looking for this in a veeeeery long time now.

the course settings allow you to send 1 notification.

How can we send more than one notification to students?

we are using 1.9.

Thanks,

Happy Moodling

In reply to Alejandro Cemylto

by Debbie Kay -

Hi and Hsppy New Year all!

Has anyone found a way to do this? i.e send out more than 1 expiry notification in 1.9?

I would like to send reminders at 30 days, 10 and 4 days before expiry each with slightly different wording - is it possible?

Many thanks for any pointers!