Repositories sudden error

Repositories sudden error

by ethan m -
Number of replies: 3

Hi guys,

I am using moodle 2.2 and I have uploaded some files to server as repositories.

/moodledata/repository/........

I was working with moodle and everything was fine but suddenly after creating 5 courses and use repositories for their own files, it just stop working and give me

"Incorrect pool file content 581e75df0b1698955d4ebe057981bb09ee225c1a."

Why??? do you guys have any idea why that happened??

the amount of the file i have uploaded was less than  1 GB. even is more than that still doesn't make sense to stop working base on limitation.

Thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to ethan m

Re: Repositories error 'Incorrect pool file content'

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Ethan,

I've just tried searching moodle.org for "Incorrect pool file content" and come across a tracker issue MDL-27137 and a long discussion http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=163074, neither of which is exactly what you describe, but may be of some help to you.

As suggested in the discussion, please could you try turning on Debugging to see if that generates a more helpful error message.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Patrick Juhl -

Same problem for me.

Here is the situation:

• I am migrating a moodle site from one server to another
  • I followed the migration instructions with due care
    • this including modifying all the links in the DB to point towards the new server location
  • I checked several times the permissions for the file folder
  • on the new server, all the links to files are broken although I am pretty sure they are correct
  • In firebug I see the following message appearing for all images:
Image corrupt or truncated:

Native.parse(s,reviver) : _parse(s,reviver);
  • Now that I have turned on the debugger in moodle I get this message instead of the upload file fields:

ERROR: Invalid JSON string

Warning: set_time_limit(): Cannot set time limit due to system policy in /mysitelocation/repository/repository_ajax.php on line 93
{"nologin":true,"nosearch":true,"norefresh":true,"list":[],"dynload":false,"upload":{"label":"Attachment","id":"repo-form"},"repo_id":3}
  • without the debugger, I can go as far as uploading a file but if I pick a file that I previously had on the site (even if I rename it), I get the scary Incorrect pool file content 
    • In the case without the debugger, I can upload new files providing that I haven't previously uploaded them to the server

The site is not that big right now and I guess I can manually fix the images one at a time by making some small modifications to them before re-uploading them. The downside is that I am preparing this site for a customer and I will have to migrate to his servers at some point. When this happens, I really don't want to have to do this again.

Any chance anybody has a solution for this ? Help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Patrick Juhl

In reply to Patrick Juhl

by Larry Zoumas -

I am getting same error across all browsers with upload utility in assignments using Moodle 2.4