Same problem for me.
Here is the situation:
- I am migrating a moodle site from one server to another
- I followed the migration instructions with due care
- this including modifying all the links in the DB to point towards the new server location
- I checked several times the permissions for the file folder
- on the new server, all the links to files are broken although I am pretty sure they are correct
- In firebug I see the following message appearing for all images:
Image corrupt or truncated:
Native.parse(s,reviver) : _parse(s,reviver);
- Now that I have turned on the debugger in moodle I get this message instead of the upload file fields:
ERROR: Invalid JSON string
Warning: set_time_limit(): Cannot set time limit due to system policy in /mysitelocation/repository/repository_ajax.php on line 93
- without the debugger, I can go as far as uploading a file but if I pick a file that I previously had on the site (even if I rename it), I get the scary Incorrect pool file content
- In the case without the debugger, I can upload new files providing that I haven't previously uploaded them to the server
The site is not that big right now and I guess I can manually fix the images one at a time by making some small modifications to them before re-uploading them. The downside is that I am preparing this site for a customer and I will have to migrate to his servers at some point. When this happens, I really don't want to have to do this again.
Any chance anybody has a solution for this ? Help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!