Limiting the behavior of the "tags" page

Limiting the behavior of the "tags" page

by L Cramer -
Number of replies: 2

(I'm using Moodle 1.9)

Today I discovered the "Tags" page:
mymoodlesite.com/tag/search.php

Which shows all the tags that students have used.  In particular, it lists their interests.  Each tag is a link which then lists all the students who have tagged themselves with it.

Although it's interesting to see, it exposes some students names to other students they don't know, and I'd prefer not to do that.

Is there an easy and obvious way to turn off those tag links or limit them to only the students in your own courses?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to L Cramer

Re: Limiting the behavior of the "tags" page

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

Unfortunately it's not possible limit tag linking to only students in your own courses. Also, I guess you've discovered that if you disable tags functionality then it's no longer possible for students to add interests in their profiles. (It's the same in Moodle 2 as in 1.9.)

In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Limiting the behavior of the "tags" page

by L Cramer -

Helen -- Thanks so much for your answer.  I feared this was the case, but it's very helpful to have it confirmed.