BB and Angel

BB and Angel

by Richard Treves -
Number of replies: 1
Lucky, lucky me I get to work with 3 VLEs, Angel used by Penn State Uni, BB is the Southampton Uni VLE and I use moodle for all sorts of experiments. 

So far Angel is pretty good, too many screens for my liking but nothing dreadful.
However, setting up a course in BB is dreadful, the sort of things that take a couple of clicks in moodle (add an assessment) require many more clicks and screens to do.  Yuk. 

Just needed somewhere to grumble...

Richard
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard Treves

Re: BB and Angel

by D.I. von Briesen -

At cpcc, in responses to consistent inconsistencies with BB, they tasked the CIO with coming up with alternatives. So now we've got Moodle as an official supported alternative (including batch enrolls and some management tools). So far every teacher who'se run a semester's class in moodle has switched over the next semester, and many who didn't want to mess with BB b/c of the bad press it was getting internally are willing to look at an alternative to start out with.

I wish BB (and webCT) well... but then I wish microsoft well- but love moodle and find the number of clicks to be substantially less than bb to do anything. I would like to see a little less scrolling (tightening up of some of the screens) though i admit that could probably be dealt with in styles...

d.i.