Missing Files unexpected T_CASE

Missing Files unexpected T_CASE

by James O'Connor -
Number of replies: 0

We have been running Moodle 1.9.7 for a few years without any problems and no modification of the index/theme/or css files. The site is hosted on a Network Solutions server (not recommened) with a usual enrolment of some 130-160 students.

On the 7th of Jan new files were uploaded and the site appeared to be running file.

Howeever by the 8th this error message was reported - 

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CASE in /data/20/1/128/99/1780425/user/1925684/htdocs/moodle/index.php on line 8

Inspection of the index.php server log file reported it had not been modified since 28th March 2010, yet the contents accounted for only 20 lines of code. Compared to the origional file upoaded two years before it was obvioulsy diiferent, about 6kb rather than 12kb.

after uploading the original index.php file with Cmod 6640 back into the server the site ran as expected - although other files, for example grader/index.php appear to have also been altered and student grades can not be accessed.

The following day afer the upload the site returned to the error message and the index.php again altered.

Initially I thought the site had been hacked (an http file had been uploaded four years ago with malicious code, which is why we turned to moodle) however I am confused as to why the server logs show no change - and my experience with hackers it that there is usually some purpose, this has none.

So my question is, how can the script in index.php be rewritten?

We are keep the site in working mode (rather than maintainance) to try to probe more errors - www.ieltsinternational.com/moodle/

Any help would be greatly appreciate, it seems we may be about to loose 3 years of work.

Thanks in advance, jim boewe

Average of ratings: -