not able to add block after moving moodle application from one location to other

not able to add block after moving moodle application from one location to other

by Shail Jai -
Number of replies: 3

Hello , I am using moodle 1.9.4 my problem is ....

I  am not able to any type of block at any location after moving my moodle folder from one location to another server ...  

any clue what would be the reason ?

Thanks Friends 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shail Jai

Re: not able to add block after moving moodle application from one location to other

by Rosario Carcò -

I moved my Moodle 1.9x server several times to different hardware, and also moved the data-directory to several bigger disks. After setting up mySQL and Apache correctly you need to:

- copy PHP5, Apache and mySQL config-files, check that they work properly even without Moodle

- copy mySQL-Database dump

- copy Moodle-script directory where all the php files are located

- copy Moode-Data directory where all Moodle data-files are located

- import database dump into mySql (or any DB you use)

Rosario

In reply to Rosario Carcò

Re: not able to add block after moving moodle application from one location to other

by Shail Jai -

Hello Rosario, 

First of all thanks for your reply ... 

I did exactly whatever you mention here actually I also moved many time my moodle site one server to another server , but Only this time I am facing  such problem ... 

my mysql server and other application working fine ....  in fact other moodle version also working fine this problem with particular moodle version actually our main moodle site version is 1.9.4 this is also workig perfectly on first location (live server) problem come when  I install same folder and database on my local machine ... other feature also working good like adding new extesion (without any error they get install) .... 

video , quiz all feature working perfectly but not able to add any block sad  

.... any idea where is the exact code and trigger for adding block on moodle site ...  

Once again thanks ...  

In reply to Shail Jai

by Rosario Carcò -

If the problem arises only on your local machine, maybe there is a misconfiguration of PHP-values? Memory-Limits and the like?