Data Analysis Workshop?

Data Analysis Workshop?

by jose gomez -
Number of replies: 2

Hi, Workshops tool provides important information to evaluate and be evaluated, however, I would like to analyze the results statistically.

Because Moodle does not allow this part and also export statistics made ​​it, I wonder if anyone has been able to extract information from a workshop (eg Excel).

Working with Moodle 1.9.15

thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to jose gomez

Re: Data Analysis Workshop?

by jose gomez -

Hello again, I looked at forums and comments and apparently I have no hope until my college inplante Moodle v2.0........
regards

In reply to jose gomez

Re: Data Analysis Workshop?

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Well, even Workshop in Moodle 2.x does not support exporting data yet. The tricky part is the format of the output data. I agree we must be able to produce them somehow so they can be post-processed statistically. However, we must provide a general solution for all types of the grading forms in the Workshop.

What I was thinking about was a unified format that would output the filled grading forms data as normalized values. What all grading forms have in common (regardless whether it is Rubric, Accumulative or whatever) is that they all consists of a set of assessment dimensions. The filled assessment is internally converted to a value from 0 to 100%. We could generate such report. So while data for the filled rubric would contain columns with values like 0.00, 0.25, 0.50, 0.75 or 1.00 (in case of a rubric with 5 columns), the Number of errors (Error banded in 1.x) would produce just one column with either 0.00 or 1.00 - depending on what the reviewer (grader) said.