Connecting Lessons to Quizzes

Connecting Lessons to Quizzes

'mei a E T - 'aho
Number of replies: 17

Hello everybody! I hope you can help me with this. I am building a Moodle following a textbook and as of right now is a little clumsy. The quizzes built in the lessons are not good enough as they do not let me upload images in the answer fields. So I was forced to connect the lessons to the quizzes. The only problem is that it takes the students to the main menu and then the quiz and I would prefer that it took students directly to the quiz? Is there a way to acomplish that? It is frustrating that you cannot "jump to" pages outside of the lesson - is it possible to jump to an activity ouside of the lesson? And is there a ways to efficiently connect lessons as well? 

Any input on this is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to E T

Re: Connecting Lessons to Quizzes

'mei a Miriam Bérubé - 'aho

In the lesson setting, there should be a field called,  "link to an activity" (under flow control if you are using Moodle 2.0).  It will allow you to link to a quiz, another lesson, or any other activity type, at the end of that lesson. 

I hope that helps!

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Miriam Bérubé

'mei a E T - 'aho

This does help, thank you! 

However, do you think you can give me a little more information. For example, can I make a content page and have one of the "contents" connect to a quiz outside of the lesson? And if so, how is that performed? 

Thank you! 

'mei a E T - 'aho

Also, is there a way to insert images into the quizzes imbedded in lessons? 

In reply to E T

'mei a Joseph Rézeau - 'aho
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi "ET",

Please remember the rule "only one question per discussion".Fakakuitaha

You should have posted this question re 'inserting images' to a new discussion in this Lesson forum.

Joseph

'mei a E T - 'aho

Sorry for the constant abuse. In the lesson docs it states that 

"There is also the ability to use all the content editing tools in each of the answers. For example, one answer could be a picture, another text. Normally it is turned off, but checking the box and pressing the redisplay button at the bottom of the page in edit mode, will turn it on." I am using Moodle 2.0 - is that why I do not see the "redisplay" button? 

In reply to E T

Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

In Moodle 2, you have to

1. switch to HTML format in the provided dropdown list,
  2. save your question
  3. and re-open to edit it, and then the HTML editor is available.

A bit convoluted, but it should work. Unfortunately, it does not work for inserting images other than from an internet URL because of bug MDL-23575 which I created on 29/Jul/2010 but has not been fixed ... yet.Loto mamahi You may vote for it if you like.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

'mei a AL Rachels - 'aho
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I have voted for MDL-23575 also. There is a work around now...I'm using Moodle 2.2.3+ by the way. Go ahead and create your question, complete  Joeseph's steps to switch to the HTML editor, (seems like I have to put some temporary garbage text in there to get the switch to HTML tooccur) then you can drag and drop pictures into each answer box and they will get saved when you save the page.

Attachment picturesinLessonAnswers.png
In reply to AL Rachels

Thanks for voting. I have raised the bug's priority to Major. We still need many more votes for this bug to be attended to!

Joseph

In reply to E T

'mei a Geoffrey Lee-Dadswell - 'aho

I recently figured out a, somewhat clumsy, way to put images into the answer fields for quizzes.  In the main text field (or any other text field with the formatting buttons above it) insert an image.  Then switch that text field to "view HTML" mode (the button with the <> symbol).  Find the html code corresponding to the image and cut and paste it into the answer field.  Voila.  The image will show up as that answer.

Of course if you're an html guru (which I'm definitely not) you could just write the html to insert the image straight into the answer field.  But for most of us that's a pretty slow way to do it.

Hope that helps.  Cheers!

Geoff

In reply to Geoffrey Lee-Dadswell

Yes, but this workaround does not work on Moodle 2, and "ET" says he is using Moodle 2.

In reply to E T

'mei a Мая Илиева - 'aho

Hi, now I work on moodle 2.2, and I want to connect quiz to my lesson, but I need my students to go on next lesson only if they take the quizz with min 60%, is that possible? The other way to do this is to make question pages after lesson, but its mean I must write the same question like in quiz base in the lesson question page it is work twise, because I need quiz base for the end control, with many questions. Some ideas?

In reply to Мая Илиева

'mei a John Doubleday - 'aho

I was thinking of doing the same yesterday. The short answer I believe is NO. But the lesson Module is pretty flexible. Could you create a 'quiz' in a lesson set to 60%........Think simple and save lots of workFakakuitaha

In reply to John Doubleday

John: "Could you create a 'quiz' in a lesson set to 60%."

Sorry, but, Quiz and Lesson are two totally separate and different activities in Moodle. "Creating a quiz in a lessson" does not mean anything.Loto mamahi

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

'mei a John Doubleday - 'aho

Sorry Joseph,

I should have explained. Create the content in the quiz, in the Lesson

In reply to Мая Илиева

Мая "I need my students to go on next lesson only if they take the quizz with min 60%, is that possible? "

Of course, that's quite feasible, using the Conditional activities in Moodle 2.2.

Joseph