Embed MP3 file within Page

Embed MP3 file within Page

by Kelvin Park -
Number of replies: 3

I ma trying to embed a MP3 audio file within a page. When I use the Moodle Media tool the preview area of the dialog box displays a large blue question mark and a white question mark. I click Insert and it then displays a blue link to the file.

I then click 'Save and return to course' and it displays the blue link. As far as I know this should display controls to play the audio but this does not appear to be working.

I have created a Resource to play the same clip and this works correctly, displaying the controls correctly. is there a way of embedding the resource within the main page? Or perhaps there might be a way of copying the resource HTML into the main page. Or maybe there is another solution?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kelvin Park

Re: Embed MP3 file within Page

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Kelvin,

By 'main page' do you mean the course page or site front page? You should be able to add an MP3 file to either by adding a label. If the MP3 controls are not displayed, please check that multimedia plugins filter is enabled for the course.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Kelvin Park -

Thanks Helen,

I mean one of my lesson pages, not the front page.

I've enabled the plugin as far as I know - however I have noticed that it mentions 'Flowplayer', not sure what this is and how to check if I have it installed, any ideas?

In reply to Kelvin Park

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Oh, sorry I didn't notice that your post was in the lesson module forum. blush Embedding MP3 files in a lesson should be the same as embedding them in a resource. I can't think of any reason why it should work differently.