Hi everbody,

My requirement is as follows:

Section - A

Q1.

Q2.

Section - B

Q1.

Q2.

Here im displaying each section in a separate page. So if user exceeds answering questions belong to Section - A, the system should automatically alerts and takes him to Section - B. Is there a way to do by using any modules or plugin.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kiran Kalluri

Re: Quiz time limit for each page

by Marty Soupcoff -

Kiran,

This is a reposting of one of your earlier questions in which you already received an answer. Reposting a question to try and get a new answer is a quick way to get ignored. In addition, you have posted a couple other familiarly similar quiz questions recently. I would suggest if they are all as closely related as your last couple posts, you put them in a single post and another Moodler can address all your questions at once. I'll try to layout all your questions here though.

Separate time limit per page - As S. Kavita has answered in this forum post, this is not possible. You can have a time limit for the entire quiz; not per page. If you need a time limit for a certain set of questions, I suggest separating them out into multiple quizzes.

Looking in the Moodle Plugins Directory, I see nothing of the sort you are looking for. From a personal opinion standpoint, I don't expect this to be something under development either. Having the ability to separate sections/pages by separate time limits isn't much different or adds any additional benefit than having separate quizzes. Even the argument that separating into multiple quizzes will create multiple columns in the gradebook vs a single column isn't really that good of an argument; you could always bunch the multiple quizzes into a category.

Separate sections on quiz - As Tim and Przemyslaw answered in this forum post, you can separate questions into sections if desired. You can do so by adding description questions in between real questions or having each section on a different page. You can separate questions on to different pages on the Editing Quiz screen (select quiz from course homepage > select Edit tab). Additional help can be found on the Moodle Docs - Ordering and paging in quiz.

Happy Moodle Logooodling!