Boxxie Theme Half HTML Editor Window

Boxxie Theme Half HTML Editor Window

d morte -
Number of replies: 4

In an online text assignment using the Boxxie theme, we are seeing only half of the HTML Editor window when attempting to submit an assignment. The image below is an example. We are running Moodle 2.1+ (Build: 20110713), Mac OSX 10.6.8, FF6.02, andOpera 11.6 ... This happens for both teachers and students on multiple machines. Changing the theme to leatherbound or formal_white resolves the problem. One Javascript error is  being thrown:

JavaScript - http://yoursite.org/mod/assignment/view.php
Event thread: BeforeEvent.load
Uncaught exception: TypeError: 'this' is not coercible to object
Error thrown at line 477, column 5 in <anonymous function>(e):
    if( match.call(e.event.target.tagName, /iframe/i) && ( match.call(e.event.target.name, /^mce_editor_\d/ ) || match.call(e.event.target.id, /^mce_editor_\d/ )))

Attachment Screen shot 2011-12-21 at 1.52.13 PM.png
Ngā whakawākanga toharite: -
In reply to d morte

Re: Boxxie Theme Half HTML Editor Window

Mary Evans -
Pikitia o Core developers Pikitia o Documentation writers Pikitia o Peer reviewers Pikitia o Plugin developers Pikitia o Testers

Hi Drew,

This is nothing to do with the JS Error...that could be the fault of something local, or a bug with the Editor, which may have been fixed in a newer issue of Moodle. If you can you should up-grade to Moodle 2.1.13, however, that will not fix the page layout problem as this is a major BUG.

I've attached the amended stylesheet core.css for you to replace your existing copy of boxxie/style/core.css

You should find that it will fix the problem.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to d morte

Re: Boxxie Theme Half HTML Editor Window

Mary Evans -
Pikitia o Core developers Pikitia o Documentation writers Pikitia o Peer reviewers Pikitia o Plugin developers Pikitia o Testers

Drew I've added this as a tracker issue MDL-30868 which will be getting fixed shortly.

Happy Christmas

Mary