Flash Module

Flash Module

by niall seery -
Number of replies: 1

With jamie pratts new flash module can anyone tell me if it is possible to upload your own flash movies and keep record tracking and how would i go about it.

Many thanks for any help

Average of ratings: -
In reply to niall seery

Re: Flash Module

by Jamie Pratt -
Hi Niall,

With jamie pratts new flash module can anyone tell me if it is possible to upload your own flash movies and keep record tracking

Yes. From Flash using my the Flash libraries I have supplied you can call a function on a php class you have written directly from your Flash code, you can pass parameters to the function just as you would with a FLash function and results will be passed back from PHP.

eg. myService.functionName(param1, param2)

calls a php function on a class you have defined. This function has all access to the moodle db and session vars etc.

So you can record any info you want in the moodle db.

My module also provides tables for writing grades to and functionality to include the grades in the moodle gradebook.

and how would i go about it.

I'm going to get around writing some good documentation of how to use my module.

For now you will have to work out what is going on from the four example movies I've created. Movies are in flash/movies/ directory. And all the code you will need to edit to use this framework for your movie should also be put in a sub directory of this dir.

Discussion of my Flash Module can be found here :

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=18249

Please discuss it there rather than here.

Hope this helps,

Jamie