SCORM

Picture of Jim Cook
Properly Closing a Captivate 5 Playback Window in Moodle

I think I have read everything on the Moodle site about this issue/problem and have found no solution.  I am posing the question again...Is there a "proper" way to close a Captivate 5 Scorm 1.2 package window in Moodie 2.2 Build 20111205?  We put a button int he middle of the screen at the end of the course module to send the data over but the window is not closing as expected on various browsers. 

Any thought on this?

Jim

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
Picture of Brandon Emmons
Re: Properly Closing a Captivate 5 Playback Window in Moodle

I solved this by making a Cp btn that opens the url of the Moodle course page (seems like the same thing the "exit activity" btn in the Moodle SCORM player does?). In Cp I set the url to open in "parent" and had to unclick the box "continue playing the project". I'm new to the SCORM module but this seems to work. I'd be interested to hear if anyone sees someting wrong with this approach. 

Picture of Jean-Guy Lejay

It works but it keeps an extra window open, the one with the 'click here to go back to the course page' link.
That can be a little bit confusing for some users...

Thanks anyway for that workaround smile

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Jean-Guy Lejay

Hi Jim,

Here is my solution:

Create an html file that only contains that short html/javascript code:

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">
    <head>
        <script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">
            parent.close();
        </script>
    </body>
</html>

Let's name this file 'close.htm' for instance.

In Captivate, link a button to this 'close.htm' file, set the URL to open in 'parent'. Don't forget to manually add the 'close.htm' file to the .zip SCORM package prior upload on Moodle.
Tested ok in FF, II and Chrome.

Hope this helps.

Jean-Guy