Score in Lesson Module

Re: Score in Lesson Module

by Matt Fedorko -
Number of replies: 0

I left for vacation thinking I had this all worked out, and that all I had to do was come back and turn custom scoring "on" for all of my Lessons. I finished it up for the most important class after 30 minutes or so of work (still think there should be a master Lesson settings page for each class, or a way to establish defaults). Over the break, we upgraded from 2.1.1 to  2.2.

Unfortunately, I've lost a bit of behavior I liked, specifically the appearance of a button upon getting an answer incorrect that says "Yes, I'd like to try again."

I have tried going back to the settings I had before (custom scoring = "no") in order to replicate this behavior, but it won't do it for me. 

As I said before, the "Allow a student to try a question again" setting in the Lesson's settings page means the student will not see the feedback that the instructor has written and they are just presented with buttons that say "Yes, I'd like to try it again" or "No, I want to continue on." In other words, all chances for learning opportunities after getting the question wrong are lost.

I know I was stressed out prior to the break, but I'm fairly certain I didn't imagine it -- when the student got the question incorrect, it gave me two buttons, one that said "Continue" and one that said, "Yes, I'd like to try again." The former would take you to whatever Jump you had previous prescribed, the latter would always take you to the next page.

Anyone know how to to get this behavior back?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)