Student's Wrong Response to Questionnarie Will not Trigger Certficate Activity

Student's Wrong Response to Questionnarie Will not Trigger Certficate Activity

by Debbie Okoli -
Number of replies: 5

I created a questionnaire as an activity in my course as a means to validate that the course had been completed, and then to trigger the creation of the certificate of achievement. 

One student has responded with the wrong answer, and now is unable to receive the certificate.  In addition, the questionnaire activity will not allow the student to retake the quiz or re-respond correctly to the validation question. 

Can you assist me in the proper step to take for "resetting" the question for the student so that they can respond properly and ultimately receive the certificate? If a screen shot will help, I will be happy to post.

Thanks.

Dee

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Debbie Okoli

Re: Student's Wrong Response to Questionnarie Will not Trigger Certficate Activity

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Debbie "... In addition, the questionnaire activity will not allow the student to retake the quiz... "

Are you actually talking about the Questionnaire or the Quiz activity? Those are 2 totally un-related activities in Moodle. And there is no link whatsoever between Questionnaire and Certificate.mixed

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Student's Wrong Response to Questionnarie Will not Trigger Certficate Activity

by Debbie Okoli -

I have set up my course as follows using the questionnaire as a means to validate course completion for the student.  See Step 2.

The problem arises, when the student clicks the improper response to the question within the activity.  The improper response prevents them, to my knowledge, from completing the survey and then obtaining the certificate in Step 3 of the course.  Please see the questionnaire /question setup below.

Is there a way to reset the student's response so that the Moodle logic can progress as it should, or execute based on a response of "Yes"?

Thanks.

In reply to Debbie Okoli

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Sorry, but I do not understand why you are using the Questionnaire activity to make your students get a Certificate.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Debbie Okoli -

The questionnaire is used because we are using it a means to send a flag to ELIS, the reporting tool that we are using to report on completed courses. The Moodle vendor that I am working with recommended use of the questsionnaire activity since it has a field that is recognized by ELIS, as a course completion element.

Is there a way to allow a student to re-respond to a question within the questionnaire module? 

In reply to Debbie Okoli

by Joseph Rézeau -

I suppose you use the Submission options / Confirmation URL in your Questionnaire to send that flag?

To make sure the students select YES as an answer before Submitting their questionnaire, do not use a YES/NO question type, but a Check box, with just one option "Yes". See attached screenshot.

Hope that helps,

Joseph

Attachment 21-12-2011 00-05-48.jpg