One Scheduler across multiple courses

One Scheduler across multiple courses

by Nancy Gleaton -
Number of replies: 2
We have an evaluator who does in-class critiques of instructors while they are on the platform. I want to set up a Scheduler activity so instructors can schedule appointments with the evaluator for their critiques, but it cannot be available for students to access. We actually have "courses" set up where instructors are enrolled as "students" and their supervisors are enrolled as "instructors". These are toolboxes that instructors use for various things -- reference documents, forms used in the classroom, calendars for staff meetings, things like that. I could add a Scheduler activity in each of these toolbox courses, but if I do, will the appointments reserved in one course for the evaluator be blocked off in the Scheduler of another toolbox for the same evaluator? If not, can someone recommend the best way to accomplish this?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nancy Gleaton

Re: One Scheduler across multiple courses

by Henning Bostelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Nancy

Scheduler will actually prevent this at an earlier stage: It does not let you create conflicting time slots. If you have two schedulers in two different courses, you create a time slot in scheduler 1, and you try to create a slot with the same date/time in scheduler 2, you will receive an error message.

A different approach might be to create a metacourse that includes all your "toolbox" courses, and place the scheduler in the metacourse.

I hope this helps

Henning

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Henning Bostelmann

Re: One Scheduler across multiple courses

by Nancy Gleaton -

Helps a lot... I hadn't considered a metacourse, but after reading up on it, it sounds like exactly what I need. Thanks!