Image upload dialog not working; Images fail to upload (2.1)

Image upload dialog not working; Images fail to upload (2.1)

by Adam Schuldt -
Number of replies: 6

I have two installations of Moodle, one on my local machine (using xampp) that I use as a test server for development, and another hosted on GoDaddy (Linux).

The local install is able to upload images properly as expected, but when using the GoDaddy hosted site, the image cannot be previewed or displayed once uploaded. The odd thing is that on the GoDaddy site I still get the prompts alerting me that the file exists on the server asking me if I want to overwrite.

I've gone as far as moving the Moodledata folder to an accessible place and modifying config.php to accept the change (by default Moodle writes it in the core Linux file system that is inaccessable on GoDaddy) to mess with the file permissions, and I can't seem to see what the problem is.

I see these errors when uploading:

File Upload 1

File Upload 2

To me the truely odd thing is that no errors propagate until the system tries to retrieve the file off of the server. Any help would be appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Adam Schuldt

Re: Image upload dialog not working; Images fail to upload (2.1)

by Matteo Scaramuccia -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Adam,
read more in SCORM doesn't work on Godaddy Host about the need to fix the configuration for slash arguments.

HTH,
Matteo

In reply to Matteo Scaramuccia

by Adam Schuldt -

Hi Matteo. I have already applied that fix.

PHP.ini:
php-ini

Health Center:

health

In reply to Adam Schuldt

by Matteo Scaramuccia -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Adam,
are you sure that the DB data are the same on both systems? 404 could be also due to differences in the set of the required params, e.g. context ID, composing the magic URL.

HTH,
Matteo

by Adam Schuldt -

So, no the DB aren't exactly the same, but they do go through the same installation routine. I can't see any difference using /admin/health.php.

I did notice that the godaddy installation is using cgi/fastcgi instead of apache 2.0, which the local server is running. Also, after some scrounging, I saw this:

https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=51983

...though I'm not familiar enough with php APIs to know what the significance of that bug report is.

Any other ideas?

by Adam Schuldt -

Another thing - this might be a problem with the Godaddy host itself. I noticed that according to PHP info, the php config file wasn't being loaded when placed in the root of the hosted site, nor if placed within the moodle directory.

I tried adding an .htaccess file with the path directives, and I actually got a 500 server error. I'm contacting the hosting company to see if this is a problem with their system.

Thanks