Moodle 2.2 glossary entry import from 1.9 problem

Moodle 2.2 glossary entry import from 1.9 problem

by Fernando Durán -
Number of replies: 4

I created a mutimedia English dictionary which contains an mp3  file for the pronunciation of words using Moodle 1.9. I have installed Moodle 2.2. When I immport the entries to this new version onle some of the mp3 files are included.

The working glossary in on http://lms.educaredes.cl/mod/glossary/view.php?id=118

Can anybody help?

Fernando Durán,

Santiago, Chile 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Fernando Durán

Re: Moodle 2.2 glossary entry import from 1.9 problem

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Fernando,

Have you investitaged the difference between those MP3 files which are included in the imported entries and those that are not? There must be a reason somewhere. Where do the MP3 links point to: a repository on your moodle site or outside it on the internet? In the same course or somewhere else on your server?

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Fernando Durán -

I have tried two methods, both have the same result: only some mp3 files are included and all images are included.

1. I copied all files to a directory in the new site  using cpanel. Modified the XML file before importing to inclide/replace the path to the mp3 files.

2. I exported the entries from the original glossary so the path is the same one that works fine in Moodle 1.9.

Thanks for your prompt reply: I need to solve this isssue since I have to create an on-line  course for the Cambridge FCE exam which should be ready for January 2nd.

Fernando.

by Fernando Durán -

Can anybody please help with this issue?

by Dominick Inglese -

sorry I can't help with this issue

but I just want to say that your glossary is really great! I wonder if you could make a video on how you did that and post it on the moodletutorials.org?

I hope you can solve the issue with the mp3's.