Moodle 2.2 glossary entry import from 1.9 problem

Moodle 2.2 glossary entry import from 1.9 problem

by Fernando Durán -
Number of replies: 4

I created a mutimedia English dictionary which contains an mp3  file for the pronunciation of words using Moodle 1.9. I have installed Moodle 2.2. When I immport the entries to this new version onle some of the mp3 files are included.

The working glossary in on http://lms.educaredes.cl/mod/glossary/view.php?id=118

Can anybody help?

Fernando Durán,

Santiago, Chile 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Fernando Durán

Re: Moodle 2.2 glossary entry import from 1.9 problem

by Joseph Rézeau -
iTaba kei {Sa} iTaba kei {Sa} iTaba kei {Sa} iTaba kei {Sa} iTaba kei {Sa}

Hello Fernando,

Have you investitaged the difference between those MP3 files which are included in the imported entries and those that are not? There must be a reason somewhere. Where do the MP3 links point to: a repository on your moodle site or outside it on the internet? In the same course or somewhere else on your server?

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Fernando Durán -

I have tried two methods, both have the same result: only some mp3 files are included and all images are included.

1. I copied all files to a directory in the new site  using cpanel. Modified the XML file before importing to inclide/replace the path to the mp3 files.

2. I exported the entries from the original glossary so the path is the same one that works fine in Moodle 1.9.

Thanks for your prompt reply: I need to solve this isssue since I have to create an on-line  course for the Cambridge FCE exam which should be ready for January 2nd.

Fernando.

by Fernando Durán -

Can anybody please help with this issue?

by Dominick Inglese -

sorry I can't help with this issue

but I just want to say that your glossary is really great! I wonder if you could make a video on how you did that and post it on the moodletutorials.org?

I hope you can solve the issue with the mp3's.