Thank you so i can just upload jquiz.html as usual.
So what is the features of the XML?
Thanks again for your reply
You could also have run the quiz from "jquiz.jqz", which is the file that the JQuiz program creates on your PC. If you look inside "jquiz.jqz" with a text editor, you will see it is in fact XML. One of the features of this module is that it can administer a Hot Potatoes quiz via module using either the HTML file or the XML file.
Does that answer your question?
Yes thank you, i got the new module to work. If i remember correctly it supports question breakdown. Does this mean it can tell me if a student has got certain questions wrong and if so how can I implement this option. I seem to just get the total score for the quiz.
Can it be done within moodle or is it in hot potatoes.
Thanks a million
To view the details of students' attempts, please try the following:
- log in to your Moodle as a teacher or administrator
- go to the main page for the course
- on the "Activites" menu, click "Hot Potatoes XML Quizzes"
- you should then see list of quizzes. If any of them have been attempted, you can click on the link in "Attempts" column (the right-hand column) for that quiz, to go to the "Overview" report for that quiz
- The "Overview" report is a list of attempts at a particular quiz.
- If you click on a link in the "Attempts" column, you can view the answers for a particular attempt. Click "Continue" to return to the "Overview" report
- If you click on the "Simple Statistics" or "Detailed Statistics" buttons at the top of the "Overview" report, you see a report statistics derived from all attempts at that quiz by students in the current course
Also when i try to use the .jqz file from within moodle it processes an error
Could not open the XML source file "HQUIZ.JQZ"
Is there anything obvious that i could be doing wrong?
Here are some "obvious" things, to check:
- Are you sure the file is called "HQUIZ.JQZ" ?
(I haven't seen capital letters for the file extension before)
- Are you sure, the file is in the top level of the "Files" folder for the course?
(i.e. it is listed when you click "Files" on the "Administration" menu on the main page for the course)
- Are you sure you are trying to create a "Hot Potatoes XML Quiz", using the new HotPotatoes module?
(... and not a "Hot Potatoes Quiz" using the HotPot module)
The surest way to avoid an incorrect file name and path is to select it using the "Choose or Upload a file ..." button on the settings page for the quiz.
Thanks a million, got it working and the question breakdown is a fantastic added feature.