Upgrading from 2.1.3 to 2.2 - missing modules/blocks

Upgrading from 2.1.3 to 2.2 - missing modules/blocks

by Mike Kelly -
Number of replies: 14

We're trying to upgrade our dev box from 2.1.3 to 2.2 and during plugins-check portion of the upgrade, Moodle notes the following plugins/modules as missing from disk:

search
mod/data
mod/glossary

Now both mod/data and mod/glossary are both present in the filesystem, and the permissions look good - Apache should be able to see them just fine. Yet the upgrade process thinks they are missing.

On the other hand blocks/search *is* missing from the Moodle 2.2 download.

Has anyone run into this already? Was blocks/search taken out for some reason? I didn't see any mention of this in the release notes. And any thoughts as to why the upgrade isn't seeing the glossary and data plugins?

Regards,

- Mike K.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mike Kelly

Re: Upgrading from 2.1.3 to 2.2 - missing modules/blocks

by Mike Kelly -

OK, found the answer to missing search here:

http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-29923

Still confused about the issue with mod/data and mod/glossary.

In reply to Mike Kelly

by Susan Montgomery -

I'm having the same issue, I have deleted and replace the glossary and data folders, and confirmed it is the required build (2011102800) yet still getting an error on UPG.

In reply to Mike Kelly

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

That is not actually an error, even though it looks like one. Those plugins were removed from standard Moodle, so that page is correctly telling you that those plugins are currently installed, but no longer present in the code. Just click continue and everything should sort itself out.

(Of course, we should change the UI to make it look less confusing.)

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Mike Kelly -

Tim:

Well, that explains search (as I discovered above), but mod/glossary and mod/data are both definitely present in the Moodle 2.2 weekly .tgz file. Are you saying that those plugins were removed too, but someone left the code in the 2.2 build?

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Mike Kelly -

A little more digging turned up this:

http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-29994 "Prevent mod/glossary and mod/data filters from being installed anymore"

So if I understand correctly, the mod/glossary and mod/data plugins that ship in 2.2 are placeholders & it's OK to ignore any warnings about them? 

In reply to Mike Kelly

by Susan Montgomery -

You can't continue, you are stuck on the Plugins check page, wit a big red warning across the bottom

'You must solve all the plugin requirements before proceeding to install this Moodle version!'
In reply to Susan Montgomery

by Mike Kelly -

Susan:

Does that warning appear when you first reach the plugins check page, or only after you've hit the "Upgrade" button at the bottom of the plugins check? In my case, there's no warning, but I haven't gone and hit Upgrade yet.

In reply to Mike Kelly

by Susan Montgomery -

It appears when the page loads. I don't have an option to upgrade on this page, just 'Reload'

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Look very closely at the whole table. The problem is most likely in the column 'Requires'

The problem is not those two filters, even though the 'missing from disk' message is in red.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Susan Montgomery -

Yes, data and glossary auto linking require these two.

The real problem is I have  a site stuck in an UPG that won't complete because of this.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Petr Skoda -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hello, this should be resolved by MDL-30786, thanks.
In reply to Petr Skoda

by Susan Montgomery -

How do I complete the upg now? I have a site that is down!

by Mari Cruz García -

Hello,

I have upgraded from Moodle 2.0.3 to Moodle 2.2 without problems. I noticed that the two modules and the block appeared as "missing from disk'', but I continued the upgrade without problems.

Search was not of much use, but why 'Data' and Glossary are not used anymore ?

by Bud Hunt -

We are stuck in the same mess. We cannot advance beyond the upgrade screen. Using a stable 2.2 build from this week. Pleasesolution on a solution as we would like to get updated and to testing. Thanks.