Gradebook

Picture of Bob Puffer
Re: Grades missing - restore from history?
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

Didn't see your version listed but I read fast and may have skipped it.  If you're at 2.2 or greater the setting, "Recover grades default ($CFG->recovergradesdefault)" should take care of this for you.

Picture of Kimber Warden

I deleted some students using the enrollment method Upload Users. Now, I can't restore their grades, whether I re-enroll them via Upload Users (putting a 0 in the delete column) or manually, using the "recover grades if possible" checkbox. Where is this setting you're referring to? Is there something else I should do to restore the grades?

Picture of Rok Lenardic

Unfortunately, this seems to only be available starting version 2.3. Any similar solution in 2.2.1?

Picture of Mack Hucks

Bob, Can you please explain your answer? I need to be able to recover grades for our flat file update. TIA
Picture of Bob Puffer
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

My answer had to do with a setting in Site administration->Grades->General settings that enables grades to be restored by default if a unenrolled student is re-enrolled.  If you don't have that setting ticked (its off by default, like THAT makes a lotta sense), then you have to fashion a query statement that will update mdl_grade_grades from mdl_grade_grades_history, making sure you bring the latest iteration of a student/grade item pair over.