8 Week Course Starting Any Time

8 Week Course Starting Any Time

дэргэд Tom Wootton -
Хариу нийтлэлийн тоо: 7

Is it possible to create an eight week course, but allow people to start at any time? Once they start the course, they cannot see week two content until seven days later, week three seven days after week two, etc.

Үнэлгээний дундаж: -
Tom Wootton-н хариуд

Re: 8 Week Course Starting Any Time

дэргэд Gareth J Barnard -
Core developers зураг Particularly helpful Moodlers зураг Plugin developers зураг

Dear Tom,

With the 'Weekly' format - no - as it has a start time - and if you wanted a custom course format then there is no 'coursefirstaccess' attribute for the user within a course (I looked in both Moodle 1.9 and 2.2).

However, you could just have a 'Topic' course and have conditional activies which then allows them to 'see' the next week.

But for the full functionality a change to Moodle core needs to be made to add the 'coursefirstaccess' attribute so that a course format could be written to provide what you require.  Please consider looking at Moodle Tracker and if there is something similar, vote for it, otherwise create an issue.

Cheers,

Gareth

Gareth J Barnard-н хариуд

дэргэд Tom Wootton -

Thanks Gareth, I was afraid of that. When I tried to use conditional activities it automatically writes the restrictions on every item. Is there a way to make each Topic conditional on the previous without having to do each lesson in the topic?

I would love to see the 'coursefirstaccess'attribute, but in the mean time would like to be able to control it even if by hand. Something like not being able to access the next topic until you pass the final quiz for the previous topic. As far as I can tell, the only way to do that is to have each item in the next topic say "Restricted: ‘Not available until the activity xxx is marked complete.’

A bad compromise would be to have that at the Topic level, but I don't see any way to do that. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Tom Wootton-н хариуд

Core developers зураг Particularly helpful Moodlers зураг Plugin developers зураг

Dear Tom,

Sorry for not replying sooner.  To be honest I'm not sure how to do conditional activities at the topic level, would this http://docs.moodle.org/22/en/Using_Conditional_activities help?

Cheers,

Gareth

дэргэд Tom Wootton -

Thanks for the idea Gareth, Unfortunately I found a few threads all looking fo the same thing and it currently does not exist. Conditional activities only work on a per item basis. We need them to work on topics.

Tom Wootton-н хариуд

Dear Tom,

No worries, I think a Moodle Tracker enhancement issue will be your next step.

Cheers,

Gareth

дэргэд jacopo alabiso -

i am interested in the same topic, please post if you have news.