Moodle 2.2 - Changing Logo file in afterburner theme -

Moodle 2.2 - Changing Logo file in afterburner theme -

by Adam Palmer -
Number of replies: 2

I'm very new to Moodle and wanted to experiement with updating a theme to make it more like our site.

After reading the notes on the forum, I created a logo identical name and in size to the current logo file (320 x 75 pixels) and replaced the existing. My result was that the banner is now blank. Even when I put back the original and clear the theme cache, the original won't return.

Ideas? Thanks.  Adam

(Edited by Mary Evans - original submission Monday, 12 December 2011, 10:57 PM)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Adam Palmer

Re: Changing Logo file in afterburner theme - Moodle 2.2+

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

First of all clearing the theme cache does nothing other than clears the theme cache, it does not touch the files associated with the setting page which are in other areas of Moodle.

So to fix that issue...go to...

Site Administration > Development > Purge all caches.

This should fix it.

If not then you must be doing something wrong.

1. You need  to leave the URL imput area empty if you want the original logo back.

2. When you added your logo where did you save the image to? Was it on an external site or in the Afterburner folder?Whereever you added this image you must first make sure the URL works so add the URL in your browser window to check to see it is active. Then copy and paste that URL into the URL input area of the settings page.

3. You can try this URL it's a Test Logo I use for my themes

http://moodlestudio.co.uk/images/testlogo.jpg

Let me know if this still gives a blank logo. or if purging all caches fixed the problem?

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

Re: Changing Logo file in afterburner theme - Moodle 2.2+

by Adam Palmer -

Thanks Mary. Purging all caches resolved the issue.

Just fyi for others, I had copied the new logo file into the Afterburner theme directory afterburner\pix\images

Adam