Settings for subject and level

Settings for subject and level

by Uwe Klemm -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

we've been experimenting with our community hub for quite a while and are now in the process of going productive. The idea is to use the hub for Moodle instances in our federal state, mostly school related. For this, we'd like to alter the descriptions of levels and subjects so that they fit our school system. I'd guess we'd need to edit these settings in the "Publish Course" dialogue of the Moodle 2.x sites that will cooperate with the hub, perhaps the Hub settings as well. I have not found a way to edit those settings, though, neither in our Moodle 2.x nor in the Hub. Am I just a bit slow here? This forum entry http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=166476 seems to imply that there is no way to edit these settings individually - which would be a pity ...

Could anyone push me into the right direction? Thanks,

Uwe

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Uwe Klemm

Re: Settings for subject and level

by Jérôme Mouneyrac -

Hi Uwe,

there is no possibility yet to change subjects and levels without breaking a part of the community hub feature. As you mentionned, there is an issue for that: MDL-23217

You can vote for it.

PS: you could hack the "lang" file (lib/edufields.php) for every sites and hub, but all communication with no modified hub/mooch will be broken. Plus your update process to get security fixes could be a bit less easy if you change core files.