Problem with "duplicated questionnaire"

Problem with "duplicated questionnaire"

by madi y -
Number of replies: 9

I've setup more than one set of questionnaire in the course using "public questionnaire". I use the duplicate feature in Moodle 2 to duplicate my questionnaire. The problem is, responses from the duplicated questionnaire do not captured by the "center questionnaire". The center only captures the responses if I create a new public questionnaire (not using duplicate feature).

Any help?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to madi y

Re: Problem with "duplicated questionnaire"

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

What do you mean by "center questionnaire"?

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by madi y -

I created a special course - "Evaluation". In course "Evaluation", I created a public questionnaire - this is what i meant with "center questionnaire".

In each of my Moodle courses, I created a questionnaire based on questionnaire in "Evaluation" course. 

In some courses, there are more than 1 lecturer, so I just duplicate the questionnaire. There I found the problem, responses by students from duplicated questionnaire do not captured/recorded by the "center questionnaire" in course "Evaluation".

In reply to madi y

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Do not use the "duplicate activity" feature.

In Course "Evaluation", create a public questionnaire "Lecturer Evaluation".

In course A, create questionnaire "Evaluation of Lecturer Mr Smith", Use public ""Lecturer Evaluation".

In course A, create questionnaire "Evaluation of Lecturer Mrs Jones", Use public "Lecturer Evaluation".

In courses B, C, etc. create as many questionnaires based on public "Lecturer Evaluation" as needed.

That will work. Questionnaire "Lecturer Evaluation" In Course "Evaluation" will correctly collect all the data from your courses.

Joseph

by madi y -

Yes, that what I've done for previous two semesters. I thought I can use that "duplicate" feature offered by Moodle 2. smile

Thanks for your feedback.

In reply to madi y

by Corey F -

Hello,

I have also done the same as Madi by creating a Course Called Evaluation for our public evaluations that faculty will not be able to retrieve results from. We created a ""Faculty Evaluation Master Template"" questionnaire in the Evaulation course and made it public.

I also did the same as Madi as we have several faculty that teach in one course. So create the first faculty evaluation in their respective course and subsequently duplicated that questionnaire that was created and renamed each evaluation. I then noticed when going to the next course and creating the next set of evaluations that I had several ""Faculty Evaluation Master Template"" options to choose as public.

I realized this must be a result of duplicating the previous questionnaires in the faculty members course. I went back to the Evaluation course where we keep "Faculty Evaluation Master Template" and renamed it to "Faculty Evaluation Master Template Original"so I could ensure I was pointing at the correct public questionnaire which worked out OK.

My problem now is I have all of these orphaned public ""Faculty Evaluation Master Template" questionnaires and i don't know where to go to delete them and get back to just the one. If i go into the Evaluation course there is still only the one public ""Faculty Evaluation Master Template Original". If I go into a course and create a new questionnaire and try to link to a public questionnaire I still get the following (See screenshot) How can I find all the duplicated public questionnaires and delete them so I only show "Faculty Evaluation Master Template Original"

Thank in advance for any help

Duplicate orphaned public questionnairesThank You

In reply to Corey F

by Doug Baleshta -

I am also having a similar problem with duplicate entries being created for others to use.  Has there been any solutions?

Thanks

Doug

In reply to Doug Baleshta

by Joseph Rézeau -

Hi Doug,

Please state which versions of Moodle and Questionnaire you are using. Since this discussion is fairly old now, please re-state clearly your current problem, giving a complete scenario.

Joseph

by Doug Baleshta -

Hi, we're on Moodle Version 2.6.1.  and questionnaire 2013062000 I've attached a screenshot of the duplication. 

What I think triggers this is when I create a course for someone and add the public questionnaire, the duplication is created.  (I have manager rights).  You can see from the screenshot the number of duplicates for another user (not myself).  It makes it a bit confusing for the instructor who wants to enable their own evaluation.

Other than that, we have created an Access program which parses out the data and produces reports for the courses, works well.

Doug

Attachment QuestionnaireDuplicates.png
In reply to Doug Baleshta

by Joseph Rézeau -

Doug: "What I think triggers this is when I create a course for someone and add the public questionnaire, the duplication is created."

I seem to remember that this happened in previous versions of Questionnaire, but it no longer happens now. Unfortunately there is no easy solution to get rid of those extra duplicates once they have "happened".

Joseph