Student view of Rubrics in version 2.2

Student view of Rubrics in version 2.2

از Brett Graham در
Number of replies: 18

Congratulations on the release of v2.2!

In testing the use of Rubrics, I have managed to setup an Assignment with a Rubric and it all works great from a Teacher point of view.

But after grading the assignment, logging in as a student, I cannot see the Rubric nor criteria feedback - only the overall feedback text.

میانگین امتیازات: -
In reply to Brett Graham

Re: Student view of Rubrics in version 2.2

از Mary Cooch در
تصویر Documentation writers تصویر Moodle HQ تصویر Particularly helpful Moodlers تصویر Testers تصویر Translators

Are you actually using a real student account or just using the "switch role to student" feature?

In reply to Brett Graham

از Brett Graham در
Has anyone else experienced this problem?
In reply to Brett Graham

از Mary Cooch در
تصویر Documentation writers تصویر Moodle HQ تصویر Particularly helpful Moodlers تصویر Testers تصویر Translators

Hi Brett- sorry - I went to test this out and found my Moodle 2.2 download was wrongly still 2.1.3 so I couldn't test it yet. Have you tried testing on the QA site here to see if it is just you or if it is a bug?

In reply to Mary Cooch

از Michael Woods در
تصویر Core developers

Hi Mary,

I'm the moodle admin at the same college as Brett. I just wanted to confirm what he is saying and respond to your question.

I've tested it on a fresh download of 2.2 stable, as well as qa.moodle.net and experience the same thing. The student can only see the final grade, any comments and a response file (if available), but no access to rubric definition or the actual grades of each criterion/level.

See attached screenshots of our local site, as well as qa.moodle.net.

Perhaps it wasn't part of the original spec? Or a bug? Or a permission that needs to be flicked on?

In any case, thanks for your help (as always)!

Regards,
Michael 

Attachment 2011-12-07_102444.jpg
In reply to Brett Graham

از Michael Woods در
تصویر Core developers

Interestingly, the MoodleRooms implementation of rubrics allows students to see the rubric definition, prior to and after grading has taken place. See Slide 19 at this site -> http://www.slideshare.net/NetSpot/rubric-grading-in-moodle . 

In reply to Michael Woods

از Mary Cooch در

Ok I just tested this on the QA site with an online text assignment and I could see the rubric definition fine - I wonder if it isn't working with Advanced uploading of files assignment ? I will go back and check that, to narrow it down.

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Student view of Rubrics in version 2.2 - not showing for Advanced Uploading of files

از Mary Cooch در

Ok - I went and tried with Advanced uploading of files and I got the same as you - now to check the tracker..

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Student view of Rubrics in version 2.2 - not showing for Advanced Uploading of files

از Michael Woods در
تصویر Core developers

Thanks Mary. Kicking myself that I didn't try other assignment types. So, online, offline and uploadsingle all seem to work.

However, even with those, is there a way for the student to view the rubric definition prior to being graded?

از Bob Puffer در

Hmmmm... this would be a good piece of functionality.

In reply to Bob Puffer

از Michael Woods در
تصویر Core developers

I think it's essential. The whole point of a rubric is that the assessment rules are so clear, that conceivably, the student can even grade themselves prior to submission. I'd argue it is more for the student's benefit, rather than a convenient way for teachers to grade. 

از Mary Cooch در

Well has anyone actually reported this in the tracker yet?

In reply to Mary Cooch

از Vicki Dunnam در

I had problems with creating a rubric that is larger than the small screen and couldn't select the area to accept the grading.  Is that an issue in the rubric?