Usability Lab

Usability Lab

د Tim Tieu لخوا -
د ځوابونو شمیر: 1

Hi, I want to create a usability lab. Need to know where and what equipments and software to buy.  Thanks.

د درجې بندۍ اوسط:  -
In reply to Tim Tieu

Re: Usability Lab

د Julia Küfner لخوا -

Hi Tim,

I never created a lab on my own, but I have worked in different labs. I suppose it would be best, if you would tell us a little bit more about what you are planning. You can already start doing usasbiltytests with very simple equipment.

What are you going to test (just software, or also devices? Usabilitytesting or Focusgroups) ?

What is the purpose of your testing (Do you need eyetracking, cameras from different perspectives or just a webcam? Must clients be able to monitor your test while testing (mirror, further cameras?) ?

You can spend a lot of money on testing equipment, but you should only do that if you really need it. A good usabilitytest is usually determined by the test setup and the ability of the facilitator. In some cases, additional recordings can be supportive. Especially when you explaing your results to others (e.g. clients). However they are not essential to get good results.