After quite a few months of work and lots of testing and development, the new ILp is now released. Note that this is a new module and needs to install cleanly. There is no upgrade path from old ILP.
If you are using the ILP already you should run the following SQL query before attempting to install the new ILP:
DELETE FROM mdl_block WHERE name = 'ilp' OR name ='ilp_student_info';
DELETE FROM mdl_modules WHERE name = 'ilpconcern' OR name = 'ilptarget';
If you want to use the old data in the archive tab then do not delete your module tables completely.
Key changes for users are:
- In-built form builder - design your ILP similar to the feedback module with specific ILP fields and making use of drop-down menus, radio buttons, alongside traditional text entry;
- Progress bars for tracking target achievements;
- Integrate with gradebook using additional grade tracker plug-in;
- Possible to have unlimited number of reports (e.g. more than 4);
- Improved role and capability matrix to map roles to individual reports;
- In-built MIS configuration if you want to pull in attendance and other data from an external system;
- Tabbed interface to navigation to improve usability;
- Archive tab to view data from 1.9 version.
Key changes for developers:
- Easy plug-in architecture to extend functionality. Design your own form fields, display tabs, MIS displays without needing to change core code. All features of the new version act as extensible plug-ins.
Check out el.blog for more details